Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Spaghetti Kid



I found this image a while ago over at Weirdomatic, "a resource for most interesting, funny and weird pictures gathered from around the web." The kid makes an interesting picture, don't you think? I like the way that the spaghetti hangs at that flying, swept-back angle from the fork, indicating that this child is not just eating, he's eating with SPEED. And I know that some folks like hot dogs with their spaghetti, but they're usually mixed in, so that you don't have to grab them to jam them into your mouth in between the rapid-fire spaghetti shots. And how soon before that nice new beige sweater resembles the walls at a crime scene?

So why am I using it as my personal photo?

Sadly, that kid looks exactly the way I did about 40 years ago. My teeth were even positioned the exact same way. I'm pretty sure my parents commissioned this painting; thankfully, I have no memory of this day, or this meal.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Well I remember it, and guess what: you weren't wearing any pants.

Happy Father's Day, anyway.

SMD